Wednesday 11 May 2011

Now up to 11.04

Smooth upgrade to 11.04

Issues:
  • Ongoing conflict between broadcom drivers for wireless and ethernet card mean neither is working


  • Can't have more than 3 windows maximised at any one time - next window appears blank.


Fix for getting notifications of thunderbird messages in the top right messages area.

After some more research figured it out what I needed to do.

Edit or add a file in usr/share/indicators/messages/applications/

I choose to edit a current file since I wanted evolution to not be there.

Opened file usr/share/indicators/messages/applications/evolution

Changed the line usr/share/applications/evolution.desktop to usr/share/applications/thunderbird.desktop (paths may vary depending on what you're trying to launch)

Save file and renamed it to thunderbird (remember I only renamed because I choose to edit the evolution file).

Logout or restart. ( I restarted, but I imagine logging out would give the same result)

The indicator dropdown should now only have what you want in it.

Cheers.


From - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1750374

No comments: